Voluntary Contribution Programme
Prògram Thabhartasan Saor-thoileach
What is it?
The Great Glen Way is one of the UK's most stunning long distance routes. To help keep it that way we have launched this new programme which will allow users of the route to both protect and improve the Great Glen Way.
To kickstart the programme we originally chose three projects selected from our annual user route user survey. In 2010 we achieved our first goal, installing new seating, thanks to the generosity of the route users.
With the development of new initiatives in the Glen, such as the Canoe Trail and the Trailblazers' Rests, we have now added a further two projects to help improve the route.
Click on one of the project boxes below to find out more and to donate.
Reduce Road Walking
Canoe Trail Infrastructure
Click a project box to find out more and to donate.
How your donation will be used
The programme is entirely voluntary and all monies raised will go directly towards the funding of specific projects along the route. 90% of the money you donate will go towards the project of your choice with the remaining 10% being used to cover administration costs. Your donation cannot be used for any other project than that which you choose. Each of the five chosen projects has been costed out and is ready to be implemented when this target is reached and any necessary planning consents have been granted.